Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Benjamin Franklin thought this was a wonderful musical instrument, but then, he should have - he invented it. What name did he give it?
2. Country and folk music fans might recognize this instrument on sight; can you name it?
3. The instrument in the foreground is reminiscent of an alpine horn but it has been around much longer. By what name do we know it?
4. Crank this up and play it! You might be asked to sing "songs of love" while you do so. What are we looking at here?
5. To a musicologist this is a type of lyre. What would someone from Wales call it?
6. Well, rootie-toot-toot! It won't cost a fortune to buy one of these. If you can hum, you can play it. But what is it?
7. Likely of European origins, this instrument blossomed in America. By what name is it known?
8. The painting in this picture is a representation of someone playing what is known as a musical saw.
9. If you're not in the mood to play an instrument, that's okay, this one plays itself. What is this lazy person's instrument?
10. Orchestras have the triangle; string players have this triangular instrument, which is known as what?
Source: Author CmdrK
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.