Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the famous gunfight at the O.K. Corral, who fought on the side of the Earp brothers?
2. Where is the southernmost point in the continental United States?
3. How do you tell the age of the saguaro cactus, the blossom of which is Arizona's state flower?
4. What is the largest known cave system in the world?
5. A thank-you party that went all wrong was the premise for a story about a bunch of bums trying to do right. Turns out Doc, Hazel, Eddie and the rest are a bit more complicated than at first glance. Which John Steinbeck novel was it?
6. The line of Southern tropic latitude passes through Australia. What is its name?
7. What was the name of the raft that Thor Heyerdahl sailed across the Pacific Ocean in in 1947?
8. What started out as a means of "radical self-expression" in 1986 has become an event that attracts over 50,000 people to northwest Nevada each year. What is the name of the event?
9. Which English king's skeleton was found in 2012 after being missing for over 500 years?
10. From the same company that produced one of the sleekest, most sophisticated fighter aircraft of World War II and was prohibited from making aircraft afterwards, came this. Which company built this two-seater car?
Source: Author CmdrK
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.