Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. All four of these authors were born in Dublin, but three of them died in other cities. Which of them was the only one to die in the city of his birth?
2. 'The Playboy of the Western World' is probably the best known work of the Dublin born author J M Synge. For what does the M stand in his name?
3. Nora Barnacle was the long time partner, and later wife, of which author?
4. George Bernard Shaw was an early supporter of which organisation, founded in 1884 to support socialist principles?
5. Jonathan Swift received his doctorate from Trinity College, Dublin, in 1702 in which subject, relevant to his then career?
6. Roddy Doyle won which prize in 1993 for his novel 'Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha'?
7. Poet William Butler Yeats had a brother, Jack Butler Yeats, who was also well known. Jack made his name primarily as which of these?
8. Richard Brinsley Sheridan was known for his writing and for his ownership of the Theatre Royal in London's Drury Lane. He also held which position for many years?
9. Oscar Wilde was imprisoned following his conviction for indecency in 1895. He spent the major part of his sentence in the gaol of which city?
10. Although he was born in Ireland, not in Wakefield or a deserted village, which of these authors died in London in 1774?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.