Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Considered to be the most successful female pirate in history, Ching Shih and her crew terrorized ships and towns along which coastline until being offered amnesty from the government of China?
2. What eventually happened to Cheung Po Tsai, who was a famous pirate in Hong Kong?
3. Which privateer, the second to circumnavigate the globe, was a favorite of
Queen Elizabeth I?
4. Which seemingly impregnable city on a lake in Venezuela did Francois l'Olonnais and his pirates loot and burn in 1667?
5. Which privateer, famous for his raid on Panama City, eventually became the deputy governor of Jamaica?
6. Perhaps the most famous female pirate, whose supposed last words to her husband were, "Had you fought like a man, you need not have been hang'd like a dog"?
7. He didn't part it but Henry "Long Ben" Every was one of the most feared pirates operating in the Red Sea. Whose ship, called the "Gang-i-Sawai", did he capture?
8. Who is considered to be the most successful pirate during the Golden Age of Piracy, raiding ships in the Americas and West Africa?
9. Which pirate sailed in a ship that was called the "Queen Anne's Revenge"?
10. Which pirate captain buried a small stash of treasure on Gardener's Island, which was found and used as evidence against him during his trial?
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.