Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What does the T. stand for in Booker T. Washington?
2. Booker T. Washington was a proponent of African-American businesses and a founder of what institution?
3. What is the title of Booker T. Washington's second, and most famous, autobiography?
4. Booker T. Washington believed that people were defined by their circumstances.
5. Booker T. Washington argued that African-Americans would eventually gain acceptance and full participation in society by doing what?
6. What school, later to become a historical black university, did Booker T. Washington lead his students to build with their own hands?
7. "No race can prosper," Booker T. Washington wrote, "until it learns that there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in _______".
8. How many times was Booker T. Washington married?
9. Who invited Booker T. Washington to dine with him at the White House in 1901?
10. What Civil Rights leader and contemporary of Booker T. Washington strongly criticized his approach, saying: "Mr. Washington distinctly asks that black people give up, at least for the present, three things - First, political power; Second, insistence on civil rights; Third, higher education of Negro youth"?
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.