Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We know her as Catherine the Great or Catherine II but what was her name before she married the heir to the Russian throne and converted to the Russian Orthodox faith?
2. Catherine was Empress of Russia for how many years?
3. Catherine was born a princess in what country?
4. Whom did Catherine marry in 1745?
5. When Catherine had a child in 1754, what did she name him, or more accurately, what did the Empress Elizabeth name him?
6. Politically Catherine followed the liberal ideas of her era, what was the name of the era?
7. Who was Catherine's aunt by marriage?
8. Where was Catherine married?
9. Shortly after Peter III became Emperor, Catherine heard rumours that she would be disposed of for a new Empress, who was the woman was supposed to replace Catherine as empress?
10. During her lifetime Catherine was offered the title of Catherine the Great and accepted it.
Source: Author lizzie2108
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.