Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Born in 1868, the last Czar of Russia ascended the throne in 1894 after the death of his father. What year was he finally crowned Czar?
2. The Czar married Alexandra Feodorovna. What European country did Alexandra have direct family ties to?
3. Known as a "disease among royals", what disorder did Alexandra carry that was passed on to at least one of her children?
4. The Czar and Czarina had five beautiful children, one son and four daughters. What was the name of the eldest child?
5. The Czar and the Czarina were part of which royal dynasty?
6. Of the five royal children, who was the youngest child?
7. Of the five royal children, who was the youngest daughter?
8. A famous Orthodox 'monk', known for his healing abilities and influence over the royal family, was assassinated in 1916. What was his name?
9. As the political climate in Russia and its fortunes (or rather, misfortunes) in WWI worsened, the Czar was faced with the possibility of civil war. In order to defuse the situation, the Czar abdicated the throne in ____________.
10. Leading up to the assassination of the royal family, which of these political parties was one of the two major players in the Russian Civil War of 1918-1921?
11. On July 17, 1918, under the guise of taking a family portrait, the royals were assassinated in the basement of the building where they were held captive. What city were they assassinated in?
12. Which of these methods was *not* used to assassinate the Orthodox priest and spiritual advisor of the royal family?
13. Several accounts of witnesses and interviewers of the firing squad that eliminated the royal family speak of the difficulty in killing the females present. This was because the women were wearing unlikely body armour encrusted with what?
14. In order to dispose of the bodies, the Bolsheviks, led by Yakov Yurovsky, tried several means of destroying the evidence. What was NOT one of them?
15. Despite this tragic true story, there was a silver lining when the bodies were rediscovered after a search of records and leads. The bodies were exhumed in _________.
Source: Author TemptressToo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.