Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Peter the Great shared rule of Russia with his half brother at the start of his reign. What was this brother's name?
2. Peter married young for political reasons. What was his first wife's name?
3. A large part of Peter's reign was spent involved in the Great Northern War (1700-1721). Russia, Denmark, Saxony and who were allied against Sweden at the onset of the war?
4. Who was the king of Sweden and Peter's nemesis during the Great Northern War?
5. Perhaps Peter's most tangible achievement was the founding of St. Petersburg on the Baltic. On what river was the city founded?
6. Which battle of the Great Northern War was the turning point for the Russian war effort?
7. Peter's son Alexei incurred his father's wrath and was later condemned to be executed for treason.
8. Peter is said to have married her in secret in 1707, then publicly in 1712. In 1724 Peter made her co-ruler of Russia.
9. Peter met this famous ruler of both the Netherlands and England during his grand tour of Europe.
10. Peter implemented a law in Russia forbidding beards unless one had purchased a royal writ. This change in the law was enthusiastically embraced by the people of Russia.
Source: Author django1200
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.