Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When was Elizabeth born?
2. How old was Henry VIII when his second daughter was born?
3. Where was Princess Elizabeth christened?
4. Who was her first Lady Mistress?
5. Who was appointed her governess, when Elizabeth was 4 years of age?
6. At the age of ten, after reconciling with her father, Henry considered betrothing his daughter to the then Scottish Regent. Who was he?
7. In his will Henry specified how much was to be in both Elizabeth's and Mary's dowry, on the occasion of their respective marriages. What was the amount for both daughters?
8. Who wanted to form an intimate relationship with the royal family, by marrying either Mary or Elizabeth?
9. Like her mother, and her step-mothers, Elizabeth had a motto in life 'semper eadem'. What was the translation?
10. After her sister Mary's accession to the throne in 1553, Mary feared being overthrown by Protestants, who were apparently conspiring to put her sister Elizabeth on the throne. Who did she believe was conspiring with Elizabeth?
11. Elizabeth became Queen on the 17th November 1558. When was she crowned?
12. On what date did Elizabeth open her first Parliament?
13. In 1562, she came close to death. Which disease had she caught?
14. After she recovered from this, she declared she would appoint someone to be Protector of the Realm in case of an emergency. Whom did she choose?
15. Besides the future Earl of Leicester, what other Englishman caught her eye at a masque, and in 1572 became Captain of the Gentlemen Pensioners, her personal bodyguards?
16. Many musicians and poets in Elizabeths court praised her with what name?
17. In 1569, the Earls of Northumberland and Westmorland aimed to restore Catholicism and put Mary Queen of Scots on the throne. What was the name given to this uprising?
18. To try and resolve her problem with Mary Queen of Scots, whom did she want to marry Mary to?
19. After finding out the Earl of Leicester had secretly married, whilst still protesting his undying lover for Elizabeth, she was almost induced to marry the Duke of Alencon. What finally turned her against it?
20. Elizabeth's cousin Mary, Queen of Scots, was found to be involved in which plot, that finally forced Elizabeth to sign her death warrant?
21. Where was Mary Queen of Scots executed?
22. "I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a King ..." is perhaps her most frequently quoted saying. Where did she give this speech?
23. Her Secretary of State, Sir Francis Walsingham, wished her to take a more positive role in opposing the Counter Reformation in Europe, by supporting whom against Phillip of Spain?
24. On what date in 1603 did Elizabeth I die?
25. With whom is Elizabeth buried in Westminster Abbey?
Source: Author DarcyUK
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.