Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Arizona politician was the first woman to become a U.S. Supreme Court Justice?
2. Arizona Senator and 2008 Republican presidential nominee John McCain was a prisoner of war during which conflict?
3. Cochise, a Native American leader who led an uprising in Arizona against the U.S. Government, belonged to which tribe?
4. Which Ohio-born western author spent long periods of time in an Arizona cabin and wrote "Riders of the Purple Sage"?
5. Arizona author Stephenie Meyer created which popular book series whose protagonist is originally from Phoenix?
6. Phoenix-born singer Stevie Nicks is best known for her time with which band?
7. Although he died before it was discovered, Flagstaff astronomer Percival Lowell is sometimes erroneously credited with the discovery of which heavenly body?
8. Scottsdale actress Emma Stone earned her first Academy Award win for her role in which film?
9. Scottsdale-based Mexican-American author Diana Gabaldon is best known for her work in which genre of literature?
10. Which Arizona-based Apache leader had a name that translated to "the one who yawns"?
Source: Author Joepetz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.