Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Guy Fawkes traveled to the continent to fight in the Eighty Years' War when he was twenty-one years old. At that time he began to use another name. What was it?
2. Although Guy Fawkes was baptized in the Anglican Church, he eventually converted to what religion?
3. Which king of England did the conspirators in the Gunpowder Plot want to assassinate?
4. Religion was one of the reasons given for the plan known as the Gunpowder Plot, but what other factor motivated the conspirators?
5. Although Guy Fawkes is most commonly the name associated with the Gunpowder Plot, he was not the group's leader. Who was?
6. What exactly was Guy Fawkes' assigned role in the Gunpowder Plot?
7. Guy Fawkes and the other Gunpowder Plot conspirators dug a tunnel to Parliament, which was used to transport and store the gunpowder.
8. What eventually happened to Guy Fawkes?
9. What date is celebrated in England each year as Guy Fawkes Day?
10. In a 2002, a BBC poll named Guy Fawkes the 30th Greatest Briton.
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.