Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This American athlete won five NBA championships with the L.A. Lakers. After retiring from the game at the age of 38, he moved into producing and was the first African-American producer to win the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film, "Dear Basketball", which expressed his love of the game. Who was this Philadelphia native who passed away in 2020 in a helicopter crash?
2. Who was the ace pilot who broke the sound barrier in 1947?
3. If you recognize these lyrics, then you will likely be able to identify the singer who released this song in 1978: "On a warm summer's evening / On a train bound for nowhere / I met up with the gambler / We were both too tired to sleep / So we took turns a-starin' / Out the window at the darkness / The boredom overtook us / And he began to speak."
Who was the singer who made "The Gambler" famous?
4. The world lost a talented actor when this star of "Black Panther (2018)", "Da 5 Bloods (2020)", and "42" (2013) passed away in 2020. Who was this South Carolina native?
5. Not everyone may recognize the name David Prowse immediately, but I bet you can name his most famous character. What was the name of this character, who was Luke Skywalker's father?
6. She won two Academy Awards for Best Actress in a Leading Role, for her role in "To Each His Own" (1946) and "The Heiress" (1949). In 2017, she was became Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire. She and her actor sister made headlines with their ongoing feud. Who was this beauty?
7. This comedian had a long and successful career and especially enjoyed performing with his wife, Anne Meara. Who is this funny man, known to generations for his roles, not just as half of the duo with Anne, but also as Frank Constanza on "Seinfeld"?
8. If I gave you the name of this rocker's band, it would be too big of a clue. Who was the lead guitarist of the group who had hits such as "Panama" (1984), "Jump" (1984), and "Jamie's Crying" (1978)?
9. Many hours have been spent comparing the characters of Mary Ann and Ginger on "Gilligan's Island." Who is the actress who played the girl next door on this show?
10. This gentleman was a gifted academic and editor in his own right, but he dedicated his life's work to curating and managing the writings of his famous father. Who was the son of a literacy luminary who passed away of natural causes in 2020?
Source: Author PootyPootwell
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.