Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. According to the Bible, Isaac was the child of Abraham and Sarah. Which of these is the best translation of the name "Isaac" from the Hebrew?
2. One of the most famous of all Isaacs was Isaac Newton (1642-1727.) In addition to his great contributions to physics and mathematics, he also held an important government position. What was it?
3. One fellow who spelled his first name slightly differently was Izaak Walton (1593-1683.) He wrote one of the most famous books about a popular sport. What was it about?
4. One of the most popular(and most prolific) writers of the Twentieth Century was Isaac Asimov (1920-1992.) Perhaps best known for writing science fiction, he also wrote hundreds of nonfiction books. Which of these is NOT the title of one of his books?
5. Musician and actor Isaac Hayes (born 1938) is a man of many talents. Which of the following is NOT true?
6. Isaac Bashevis Singer (1904-1991) won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1978. In which language did he write?
7. Violinist Isaac Stern (1920-2001) was one of the most highly honored musicians of his time. In 1992 he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honor in the United States. He also frequently appeared in films and on television. Which of the following statements is NOT true about this aspect of his career?
8. The first name of Yitzhak Rabin (1922-1995), Prime Minister of Israel from 1974 to 1977, and again from 1992 to his death, is a variation on the name Isaac. In 1994 he shared the Nobel Peace Prize. With whom did he share it?
9. Saint Isaac Jogues (1607-1646), a Jesuit priest, was canonized by Pope Pius XI on June 29, 1930. Where did Jogues do his missionary work?
10. Just for fun, let's consider an imaginary Isaac. A famous writer once wrote a spoof of astrology under the assumed name "Isaac Bickerstaff." Who was this writer, really?
Source: Author VickiSilver
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Lanni
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.