Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When was Nell Gwyn born?
2. What part did Mary Meggs play in Nell's early life?
3. Nell's first serious affair was with Charles Hart. Who was he?
4. Nell is generally reckoned to have made her first stage appearance as Cydaria, the daughter of Montezuma, in "The Indian Emperor." Who was the author of this play?
5. In the summer of 1667, the London theatres were closed down during the Dutch wars. Nell transferred her affections from Hart to a young nobleman. Who was he?
6. Nell's theatrical life was mainly lived at the Drury Lane theatre, but she also entertained the Court at a fashionable spa. Where was this?
7. Besides Nell, another London actress became a mistress of Charles II. Who was this?
8. On May 8, 1670, Nell gave birth to her first son by the King. The boy was eventually made a duke - with which title?
9. Which British institution, founded by Charles II, is traditionally said to have been suggested by Nell Gwyn?
10. When did Nell Gwyn die?
Source: Author TabbyTom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.