Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. His real name was Gaius Valerius and he was perhaps a slave at one time. Name this distinctive Roman emperor.
2. Who was the Roman emperor, calling himself Jovius, that divided the empire to the East and West with 4 emperors, 2 junior and 2 senior?
3. Who was the greedy emperor that obtained a vast fortune from blackmail, enabling him to make a capital city, humbly named after himself in the East?
4. This mad emperor participated in the cult of Syrian sun-god El Gabal ...and dressed in a nightgown, he followed a basalt phallic statue around which he worshipped as a Baal figure.
5. He was the first and only African emperor of Rome...a member of the soldiery he rose in the ranks and became a favorite of Commodus. He attained the rank of Princeps after the usurper Pertinax was killed...what was his name?
6. Who was the captured daughter of Theodosius, managing a marriage between the great Goth king, Athnaulf, to ensure an alliance between the so called barbarians and the Roman empire?
7. Who was the Greek scholar and philosopher that became emperor in 359?
8. Who was the emperor, hiding in his marsh castle in Ravenna, that said "no" in sending troops to assist Theodosius as he lost his head?
9. Who was the emperor that banned paganism and popularized the universal concept of the "trinity" in 359?
10. Who was the first foreigner and barbarian that became an emperor of Rome?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.