Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which philosopher spent the last ten years of his life insane after being discovered in Turin embracing a horse?
2. This philosopher would spend all day in bed. When callers enquired what he was doing he would reply: "Thinking..."
3. This great thinker recommended one should swallow a toad every morning as an insurance against disappointment.
4. Which great thinker believed all women should be held in common, listed eating figs and sunbathing as his favourite pastimes and always sat at the end of a couch in order to avoid society ?
5. Once suspected of being the true author of Shakespeare's works he suffered perhaps the first recorded death caused, albeit indirectly, by a frozen chicken.
6. Marx led a fairly exemplary life but he did have an extra-marital affair with....
7. The foremost of a school of cynics, he eschewed all social systems, performed all private functions in the street and eventually resided in a barrel.
8. Our next awesome thinker founded a school which prohibited (amongst other things) the following: eating beans; touching white roosters; allowing swallows to nest in your roof and looking in the mirror beside a light.
9. This popular American philosopher's chauffeur had heard him lecture so often he boasted he could do the job himself. The philosopher obliged and at the next lecture the two men swapped roles. The driver delivered the lecture with aplomb, but afterwards a student asked him a tricky question about Aristotle, morality and the soul. "Oh that is a simple one... it's so simple even my chauffeur would know it - why don't you ask him ?" The philosopher ?
10. On his death bed Hegel complained: "Only one man understood me." After a few moments of silence, what did he (allegedly) say next ?
Source: Author ingilby
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Lanni
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.