Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. He was best known as Robert Jordan, but that was a pen name and not his birth name. What was Robert Jordan's real name?
2. Robert Jordan was born in and lived the majority of his life in Charleston, in which Southern US state?
3. During the Vietnam War, Jordan served two tours between 1968 and 1970 as a helicopter gunner - in which branch of the military?
4. After returning from Vietnam, Robert Jordan acquired an undergraduate degree in physics from which military college?
5. Jordan began writing in 1977, and managed to publish his first novel in 1980. It was written under a DIFFERENT nom de plume, and is an historical romance set in Jordan's hometown of the 1760s, following the fortunes of Irish immigrant Michael Fallon. What is its title?
6. 'Robert Jordan' is a pen name, and you already know that his first published novel was written under a different pen name. Which of these is NOT a psuedonym that he used?
7. She published his first novel, then agreed to marry him. Who was Robert Jordan's wife and editor?
8. Robert Jordan was a Freemason.
9. On March 23rd, 2006, Robert Jordan announced to his fans that he had been diagnosed with a disease of the heart, and a median life expectancy of four years (with treatment). What disease?
10. Robert Jordan's epic fantasy series, "The Wheel of Time", was left incomplete due to his untimely death. Young author Brandon Sanderson was chosen to finish the story. What was the title of Jordan's last book, the eleventh in the series?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.