Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This great 19th century British author started out in a blacking factory while his family lived in a debtors' prison. Hard times, but this didn't stop him from having great expectations for his future! Who was he?
2. This American author was once the U.S. Consul in Liverpool. I'm not sure if his diplomatic bag contained scarlet letters, though. What was his name?
3. This Russian author was an aristocrat. During his early military career, he fought in the Crimean War, and later enjoyed peace with his family. Who was this prolific writer?
4. This American adventurer started off as a real life pirate! He went on to write some of the greatest stories about hardship and the human spirit ever written. Who was this man who answered the call of the wild?
5. This French King of Romance worked as a notary's clerk and then for the Duc d'Orléans (later King Louis Phillipe) before discovering the treasure of Monte Cristo. It might not have been twenty years after, but what was his name?
6. Eric Blair started work for the Indian Imperial Police in Burma. But he had dreams for the future - possibly owning a farm in 1984. What was his pen name?
7. This 20th century Scottish physician and Harley Street consultant had a "thing" about stars looking down on citadels. Who was this author?
8. Mary Westmacott is known for her romantic novels and is the pseudonym of a famous crime writer. What was the name of the author who found evil under the sun?
9. This author wrote about the daft antics of a man about town and his astute 'man'. Who was this endearing author with the heart of a goof?
10. This Irish born writer, a noted scholar, captured generations of children with his modern morality tales. Who was this letter writer to Screwtape?
Source: Author skumma
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.