Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Mrs Wallis Simpson was the twice-married American who, in the 1930s, won the heart of the Prince of Wales. Who was her first husband?
2. What was Mrs Simpson's birth name?
3. Where was Mrs Simpson born?
4. In 1934 Wallis allegedly became the mistress of the Prince of Wales. King George V died in 1936, and the Prince of Wales became king. He was King Edward VIII, but it became clear that he was unwilling to give up his unsuitable mistress, whom he intended to marry, and the only course open was abdication. Following the abdication, what title did the ex-King Edward VIII take?
5. At the urging of the Duke of Windsor, Wallis divorced her husband Ernest Simpson. They had to wait 6 months before the law would allow them to marry, but in 1937 the marriage took place. Where?
6. The Duke and Duchess of Windsor, as they were now known, chose to reside in which country following the abdication?
7. At the outbreak of WWII the Government deemed it necessary to get the Windsors out of France, and to find something useful for them to do. They were believed to have Nazi sympathies, having paid visits to Hitler and maintained contacts with top Nazis. It was thought unwise to let them stay in England, so plans were made to get them out of harm's way. What post was offered to the Duke?
8. How did the Windsors occupy themselves after World War II?
9. What was the cause of death of the Duchess of Windsor?
10. Where are the Windsors buried?
Source: Author invinoveritas
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.