Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Ike Mathews published his work, "Full Revelations of a Professional Rat-Catcher,
after 25 Years' Experience" in 1898. At that time people understood that rats carry disease.
2. In his essay, Ike Mathews warned against which method of rat control in a confined area?
3. Ike Matthews gave his readers very common sense information about what worked best when catching rats. He found that rats were really pretty clever, and would figure out quickly why the traps were there. What did he use to help lure rats to his traps?
4. According to Ike Matthews, which months of the year were the really critical times when a rat catcher should catch as many rats as he could?
5. Ike Matthews describes the different types of rats he encountered in his essay. Which ones did he say were the most vicious?
6. Ike Matthews advised that rat catchers should never guarantee to leave buildings totally rat-free.
7. Which of the following animals assisted the rat catcher?
8. Jack Black, another famous pest technician, was appointed by the British monarch in the mid-nineteenth century as a rat catcher. Who hired him for the job?
9. According to Jack Black, there was a certain breed of dog that worked best as a rat catcher. What was the breed?
10. A quiz about rat catchers wouldn't be complete without mentioning the Pied Piper of Hamelin! On what date in the summer do the people of Hamelin, Germany, celebrate Rat Catcher's Day?
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.