Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which one of these great thinkers is often called "The Father of Biology"?
2. What was the name of the famed oceanographer who wrote "The Silent World" (1953) and "Life and Death in a Coral Sea" (1971)?
3. Which famous ornithologist is known for his finely illustrated book titled "The Birds of America" (1827-1839)?
4. George Washington Carver became world famous for his work in which of the following fields of biology?
5. Australian celebrity Steve Irwin would have been considered which of the following?
6. "The Bone Wars" was the nickname for the heated rivalry between Othniel Charles Marsh and Edward Drinker Cope, who were both specialists in which of the following biological sciences?
7. Born in 1632, which of the following men became the first to discover the world of microorganisms?
8. If I told you Pieter Bleeker (1819-1878) was a famous Dutch ichthyologist, what kind of animal would you expect to find him studying?
9. William Harvey is often called the "Father of Astrology".
10. Dame Jane Goodall is a world famous scientist in which of the following fields?
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.