Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Before starting their match, the Azzurri need a rousing rendition of the Italian National Anthem. Which of these would be a good choice to lead the singing?
2. The Azzurri will need a ball to play with. Galileo has been recorded as testing his theories about acceleration by dropping balls from which famous landmark?
3. The lines on the pitch will need to be clearly defined before the match starts. Which artist, who painted 'The Sistine Madonna', could the Azzurri call upon to help?
4. The referee may have to write in his book during the game, but is unlikely to write anything as long as Umberto Eco's novel. Which of these did Eco write?
5. The team members will want something comfortable on their feet. All of these are footwear designers, but can you spot the Italian?
6. The Azzurri will be more likely to play at their best if they are well fed. Which Italian chef, famous for appearing on 'This Morning' and for winning 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here' in 2009, has volunteered to cook for them?
7. Sergio Tacchini has added his support to the Azzurri. With which aspect of their appearance will he be helping?
8. To ensure they receive as many penalty awards as possible, the Azzurri will need some acting lessons. They are more than happy with my suggestion of Sophia Loren. In which 1960 film did she co-star with Peter Sellers?
9. The team would benefit from having a right winger, and who better than Benito Mussolini? Which group was responsible for his death in 1945?
10. The team insists on getting help from one former soccer player, and one of the best is Dino Zoff who captained the Italian side to victory in the 1982 FIFA World Cup. In which position did he play?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.