Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 'Twelfth Night' features a shipwreck which separates Viola from her twin brother. What is his name?
2. The line 'Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May' comes from which of these?
3. 'The Tempest' features a storm which was conjured on the command of which character?
4. Having been enraged by his daughters, Regan and Goneril, King Lear rushes out into a storm. Who is his companion at the beginning of this rash venture?
5. A shipwreck causes havoc in 'The Comedy of Errors', separating not just one, but two sets of twins. One man from each set of twins comes from Ephesus. The other duo live where?
6. Which character describes the quality of mercy in these these words: 'It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven' in 'The Merchant of Venice'?
7. 'Blow, blow, thou winter wind; Thou art not so unkind; As man's ingratitude' are words sung to an exiled Duke in the Forest of Arden in which play?
8. Thunder and lightning accompany Macbeth's first meeting with the three witches. Who is his companion when he first encounters them?
9. Which lovelorn character begs 'Arise fair sun and kill the envious moon'?
10. In which play, categorised as one of Shakespeare's comedies, does the title character suffer a shipwreck, which leads him to meet his wife, while a later storm separates them again?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.