Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Let's start with a major crime: serial murder. David Berkowitz claimed what as the reason for his crime?
2. A 37-year-old man was convicted in Reading, Pennsylvania, of growing marijuana. What excuse did he give that the jury didn't consider a mitigating factor?
3. Here's a hot one. In this famous case, which was documented in a book and later became a movie, a Michigan housewife set fire to her husband's bed while he was sleeping, killing him. Why did she do it?
4. Why did John Hinckley, Jr., attempt to assassinate U.S. President Ronald Reagan?
5. The famous -- or infamous -- "Twinkie defense" actually claimed what?
6. You may know that Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme tried to assassinate United States president Gerald Ford in 1975. You may also know that Fromme was a follower of the infamous Charles Manson. But do you know the reason she gave for trying to kill Ford?
7. What explanation did actress Winona Ryder reportedly initially give when arrested for shoplifting in 2001?
8. The name "Lorena Bobbitt" has been known to strike fear in the hearts of men. The reason for this fear is that, in 1993, Ms. Bobbitt became famous for cutting off a sensitive and manly portion of her husband's anatomy. What did Lorena claim mitigated this action, which some might call the unkindest cut of all?
9. In 1979, a 16-year-old California girl went on a shooting spree at an elementary school. The reason she gave was strange enough to inspire a song. What was that reason?
10. Nigerian Uroko Onoja died in a most unusual way. How, and why?
Source: Author Lalenya
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.