Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In Islam, which two angels - collectively known as the kiraman katibin - are responsible for recording good deeds and bad deeds?
2. In Catholicism, which archangel is charged with weighing souls and accompanying the souls of the dead to Heaven?
3. Which Jewish patriarch had a dream in the Book of Genesis, in which he saw a ladder with angels going up and down it?
4. According to Islamic tradition, what is the name of the highest realm where angels live?
5. One angel that appears in the Hebrew Bible arguably could be described as an avenging angel, as it kills enemies of the Israelites on behalf of G-d. In 2 Kings 19:35, it appears and kills 185,000 soldiers of which army, led by Sennacherib, in order to protect Jerusalem?
6. Which non-canonical book of the Bible tells the story of a man transforming into the angel Metatron, and contains a class of angels called the Song-Uttering Choirs?
7. In which book of the Torah does the prophet Balaam encounter an angel while riding his donkey?
8. Not all angels live in Heaven; some angels live in Hell, and are sent there to punish the wicked. The Islamic angel Maalik rules over Hell, or Jahannam, and is assisted by a group of angels called the Zabaniyya, whose job is to torment sinners. How many of them are there? (Hint: Adele.)
9. When we think of cherubim, we think of cute little chubby babies with wings, but actual cherubim in the Book of Ezekiel were completely different. For one thing, they had four faces. One face was that of a man, but the other faces were of which three animals?
10. In Jewish Kabbalah tradition, the ten attributes of G-d are represented by the Sefirot, or Tree of Life, and each attribute is associated with a different archangel. Which archangel is associated with Binah, or Understanding?
Source: Author Kankurette
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.