Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This sport is played with teams of six. The teams score points when they make the ball hit the ground on the other team's side of the net. Which game is this?
2. This team sport is popular in old schoolgirl fiction by writers like Angelia Brazil and Enid Blyton. It's played with sticks and either involves a puck or a ball. Which sport is this?
3. This team sport is very popular in public schools - in fact, it's named after a public school - and involves a lot of mud, fighting over the ball, and carrying it to the opponents' goal in order to score a 'try'. Which sport is this?
4. This sport involves sticks called crosses, and is a very fast game. The crosses have a net for carrying the ball in, and are also used to shoot the ball towards the goal. Players wear helmets or visors, as with the ball flying through the air, there is a risk of getting hit in the face! Which sport is this?
5. This game is played using a flying disc, which is thrown across the pitch. Goals are scored when the disc is thrown into the end zone, or scoring area. It's particularly big in the US. Which sport is this?
6. This sport, also known as ping pong, is played indoors, and is like a miniature version of another ball game where the players hit the ball over a net. In this case, the ball is plastic and the rackets are much smaller. Which sport is this?
7. This team game is often played by girls in British schools in PE classes, and involves a ball being thrown around a court from player to player, with the aim of throwing it through a hoop. Each team has seven players. Which sport is this?
8. This sport is a Korean martial art, which involves a lot of kicking. It puts an emphasis on speed and agility. If you're really good, you can get a black belt in it! Which sport is this?
9. This sport can be watched at the Winter Olympics, and is a bit like surfing, but with snow instead. In fact, it originated from a sport known as 'snurfing'. Be sure to wrap up warm! Which sport is this?
10. This sport is popular in Britain and is played on a green table with sticks and multi-coloured balls, one of which is small and white. The object of the game is to use the little white ball to knock the other coloured balls into pockets around the table, in a given order. Which sport is this?
Source: Author Kankurette
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.