Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Animals: Elvis sang 'Hound Dog'. Which of these dogs belongs in the Hound group?
2. Brain Teasers: can you work out the Elvis song from the Wordwise clue?
3. Celebrities: which pop star did Elvis' daughter Lisa Marie marry in 1994?
4. Entertainment: when Elvis had a residency in Las Vegas, his costumes became increasingly flamboyant, and covered in rhinestones. Rhinestones nowadays are made of crystal glass or plastic, but what were they originally made of?
5. For Children: which Disney film, set in Hawaii and featuring a blue alien, featured several Elvis songs?
6. General: the name 'Elvis' is of British origin, but what does it actually mean?
7. Geography: Elvis was born in Tupelo. In which US state is Tupelo?
8. History: Elvis was born on 8th January 1935. What event also happened on that day?
9. Hobbies: one of Elvis' favourite sandwiches was known as the Fool's Gold Loaf. It consisted of a hollowed-out loaf of bread filled with which foods?
10. Humanities: which biblical musical featured an Egyptian character based on Elvis?
11. Literature: which science fiction writer, creator of the 'DryCo' series, wrote a book called 'Elvissey' about an alternative version of Elvis being brought forward in time to the present day?
12. Movies: Elvis made plenty of films, and has been portrayed in movies by various actors. Which of these people has NOT played Elvis in a film?
13. Music - Graceland is a mansion where Elvis once lived, and which his daughter Lisa Marie inherited. It is also the name of an award-winning album by Paul Simon, featuring musicians from which country?
14. People: what were the names of Elvis' parents?
15. Religion: Elvis' middle name was Aaron. Aaron was a Biblical prophet and a high priest, with a brother who later became a hero of the Israelites and brought them out of the land of Egypt. Who was his brother?
16. Sci / Tech: Elvis died of a cardiac arrest while sitting on the toilet. Which of these is NOT a possible warning sign of cardiac arrest?
17. Sports: what sport did Elvis' character practice in 'Kid Galahad'?
18. Television: which episode of the British sci-fi comedy 'Red Dwarf' features a wax droid version of Elvis as a part of a group rescuing Lister and the Cat from Hitler?
19. Video Games: which game in the 'Fallout' series features a school for Elvis impersonators, and a greaser gang called the Kings?
20. World: the melody for 'Can't Help Falling in Love' is based on an old French song, 'Plaisir d'Amour'. What does 'Plaisir d'Amour' mean?
Source: Author Kankurette
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.