Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The British boy band Wham! had two members. George Michael went on to have a successful solo career, but who was his less successful sidekick?
2. "What are we going to do tonight, Brain?" was a question asked by which dimwitted laboratory mouse sidekick to his partner, the Brain?
3. Arthur Dent is the hero of Douglas Adams' 'Hitch-Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy' series. Who is his cynical sidekick, who comes from a small planet in the vicinity of Betelgeuse?
4. Sidekicks go back centuries! One of the first heroes, the Babylonian hero Gilgamesh, had a sidekick who was made out of clay, and created by the gods to curb Gilgamesh's ego. What was this sidekick's name?
5. Not all sidekicks are human. The eccentric inventor Wallace, for instance, has a canine sidekick who's the far more sensible one of the two. What is his name?
6. Which one-eyed cartoon superhero had a nervous little hamster sidekick called Penfold?
7. 'Doctor Who' has seen many sidekicks partner the Doctor through time and space, and multiple regenerations. Which sidekick, played by Elizabeth Sladen, accompanied the Third, Fourth and Tenth Doctors and had her own spin-off?
8. In which cartoon series does the heroine - after whom said series is named - have a sidekick called Jane Lane?
9. The unfortunate 'Beano' character Calamity James had a sidekick called Alexander, who had a penchant for jumping from great heights, or 'plummeting'. What kind of animal was Alexander?
10. Joey Bettany was a children's book character with many friends, but in the earliest books in the series in which she featured, her best friend and sidekick was the sensitive French girl, Simone Lecoutier. In which school series, written by Elinor M Brent-Dyer, would you find these two characters?
Source: Author Kankurette
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.