Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Christian holiday is celebrated on February 2nd?
2. William Shakespeare was born and died on which Christian holiday (as celebrated in England)?
3. Although during the Hindu festival of Mahashivaratri many worshippers do not even take water, some will restrict their diet to what?
4. The Hindu festival Janmashtami celebrates the birth of Lord Krishna, the eighth incarnation of Vishnu. It was foretold that this child would be the downfall of Kans so the tyrant king killed each previous baby born. How did Krishna come to survive?
5. In Judaism, Tu B'Shevat is the New Year of Trees. This is the holiday used to calculate the age of trees. How old must a tree be before you are allowed to eat fruit from it?
6. Hitler wasn't the first to persecute the Jewish people. Whose reign of terror spurred the revolution and saw one day's oil burning for eight nights?
7. The Muslim holiday called Id al Fitr celebrates the end of Ramadan. What color clothes do the men don to attend prayers at the mosque?
8. In Buddhism, the Festival of the Floating Bowls is observed in the twelfth lunar month on the night of the full moon. What is supposed to disappear with the bowls placed in the water to float away?
9. Once a year in August on the night of the full moon, a special procession is held in Kandy, Sri Lanka. What object are the Buddhists worshipping?
10. In Christianity, how many days after Easter Sunday is Pentecost celebrated?
Source: Author limabone
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trammgr
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.