Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Our Lady Help of Christians (The Blessed Virgin Mary) is reported to have appeared in England in 1061 to Lady Richeldis de Faverches at Walsingham in Norfolk, England. Which religion(s) has/have shrines that you can visit at Walsingham?
2. Our Lady is reported to have appeared to Saint Juan Diego in Guadalupe. When did this happen, and where is Guadalupe?
3. It is widely known that Our Lady is reported to have appeared to Saint Bernadette at Lourdes. Who provided the main opposition to the establishment of the shrine at Lourdes?
4. Our Lady is reported to have appeared to three shepherd children in Fatima, Portugal. What most barbaric of threats was made to these small children (to force them to deny the apparitions) and by whom?
5. Was there hostility from the State when Our Lady was reported to have appeared at Knock, in Ireland?
6. Our Lady is reported to have appeared to four young girls from 1961 to 1965 in Garabandal in Northern Spain. Did the Roman Catholic Church almost immediately accept these visions?
7. In what year is Our Lady first reported to have appeared in Zetoun, Egypt?
8. In 1981 Our Lady is reported as having appeared in the Eastern European village of Medjugorje. Was there hostility from the state authorities to the visions reported?
9. The Roman Catholic Church approved a vision of Our Lady at Tre Fontane, Rome, Italy, which was reported in 1947. Please describe the principle visionary.
10. Although not strictly an apparition, how did Pope Pius XII explain the tears of a weeping statue of Our Lady at Syracuse, Sicily in 1953?
Source: Author rialto88
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.