Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the seventh century, national borders were different from what they are today. St. Isaac was born in which of the following?
2. What did St. Isaac and his brother do at an early age?
3. In 676, St. Isaac was appointed the bishop of what city?
4. What happened to St. Isaac just five months after he assumed office as bishop?
5. St. Isaac began work on a body of writing which would become widely revered throughout Christendom. What type(s) of writing did this include?
6. By what condition was St. Isaac affected as the years went on?
7. What did St. Isaac say a person should see as "a spiritual gift from God"?
8. St. Isaac was the author of a prayer commonly used in Orthodox services. What phrase opens this prayer?
9. In the 1980s, a monastery was built in St. Isaac's memory. Where was it built?
10. On what day is St. Isaac commemorated in the Orthodox Church?
Source: Author neon000
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.