Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Of the following, which is the correct spelling for one of Australia's best known dinosaurs?
2. Which of Australia's dinosaurs is one of the world's oldest sauropods?
3. Near where, in Australia, is there the best example of a 'dinosaur trackway' in the world?
4. Which of the following Australian dinosaurs was the smallest (in length)?
5. Fossils of which of the following dinosaurs were NOT found in northern New South Wales?
6. Where in Australia were footprints larger than a semi-trailer tyre found?
7. What is the name of Australia's best known plesiosaur (not a true dinosaur, but an aquatic reptile)?
8. What is the name of the region in south eastern Australia where many dinosaur fossils have been discovered?
9. Which of the following is an Australian dinosaur?
10. Which of the following dinosaur names comes from the Aboriginal for 'rainbow serpent'?
11. Which of the following Aussie dinosaurs was about the size of a magpie (crow or blackbird)?
12. What type of dinosaur is 'Elliot'?
13. Now for a generic dinosaur question - which period preceded the Jurassic?
14. What bone part of a possible allosauroid dinosaur was found in Australia in 1979?
15. At Hughenden, Queensland there is, on display, a Muttaburrasaurus skeleton along with a 7m long reconstruction of a Muttaburrasaurus named what?
Source: Author Engadine
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.