Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The 'instructions' contained in every cell that has a nucleus are 'written' in...
2. Humans have how many total chromosomes?
3. Which of the following creatures has the most chromosomes?
4. Humans have two chromosomes that determine sex- X and Y. Which of the following karyotypes (chromosome types) would be a normal female?
5. Most nasty genetic disorders are recessive- you need two bad copies of the gene to come down with the disease. Some are dominant- if you have just one of the bad genes, you will get the disease. Which of the following disorders has dominant inheritance?
6. In Venetian Floozies, purple stripe color is autosomally dominant over pink. If you mate a male purple striped Floozy that does not carry the pink gene to a female pink Floozy, what percentage of the offspring would you expect to have purple stripes?
7. Who discovered the basics of genetics while pottering around in the garden?
8. Watson and Crick won a Nobel Prize for their discovery of...
9. Some genetic disorders are maintained in a population because, if an individual has only one bad copy of the gene, some survival advantage is maintained. People with just one copy of a particular mutated gene are protected from malaria. If they have two bad copies of the same gene, they have the disease...
10. When the cell is not busy dividing, the chromosomes 'unwind and relax'. What are they called when they are in this form?
Source: Author crisw
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.