Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the first scientist to suggest that carbon dioxide from industrial processes could create a "greenhouse effect"?
2. Which British scientist discovered the hole in the ozone layer?
3. In 1967 Lynn White located the "historical roots of our ecological crisis" in what?
4. What movie depicting a near meltdown and safety problems at an American nuclear power plant was released merely days before the partial meltdown of the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant in Pennsylvania?
5. What Ronald Reagan administration official famously suggested that a solution to the depletion of the ozone layer was to don a hat and sunglasses and wear long-sleeves?
6. What was the name of the town in India where an industrial disaster poisoned thousands when a Union Carbide pesticide plant leaked methyl isocyanate gas?
7. Who or what does the "Radium Girls" refer to?
8. The U.S. town that was evacuated after dangerous levels of dioxin were found in its soil in 1982 was
9. The assassination of Chico Mendes in Brazil in 1988 brought attention to what environmental issue?
10. What environmental organization did Edward Abbey's novel "The Monkey Wrench Gang" inspire?
Source: Author elliearroway
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.