Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who suggested that romantic relationships form because two people are similar, or become similar, in personality and attitudes?
2. According to Thibaut and Kelley's Social Exchange Theory (1959), the comparison level is our experiences of previous relationships and our general views of what we might expect from a particular exchange in a relationship.
3. A type of sexual selection that suggests that members of one sex (usually the males) will compete with each other to gain access to the other sex is called inter-sexual selection.
4. The first stage of Rollie and Duck's model of dissolution, which shows the process of relationship breakdown, is called what?
5. Duck (1999) suggested that there were three main reasons for relationship breakdown. They included lack of skills, lack of stimulation, and what?
6. According to Shaver et al., what we experience in romantic relationships as an adult is a combination of three behavioural systems - Mother System, Toddler System, and Leadership System.
7. A study by Dekel and Farber (2013) suggested that many individuals who were classed as having 'insecure-avoidant' attachment showed over-commitment in a relationship and were overconfident in its success.
8. Most Western cultures can be described as individualistic.
9. What did Myers et al. (2005) find when they studied individuals living in India in arranged marriages?
10. According to Moghaddam, individualistic relationships are pressured to stay together. They regard divorce as shameful.
Source: Author Purling
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.