Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When it was first introduced to Europe by the Spanish, this vegetable was thought to be poisonous. Botanically speaking, it is actually a fruit. What is this common fruit or vegetable?
2. According to Robert Graves's book 'Claudius The God', the Emperor Claudius was poisoned by his wife Agrippina. What type of food did Agrippina poison, then offer to him?
3. In 1989, the world's first poisonous bird was discovered. It is called the pitohui. In which country was it found?
4. Which of the following bacteria is responsible for Toxic Shock Syndrome?
5. Andrew Jackson (7th President of the USA) died in 1845 of lead poisoning. Which of the following factors caused it?
6. Rasputin was a peasant monk who wielded considerable power in Russia because of his influence over Tsar Nicholas and his family. In 1916, Prince Yusupov and a group of aristocrats decided to assassinate him. They invited him to a midnight banquet and served cake and wine liberally laced with which poison?
7. Which poisonous alkaloid is found in tobacco leaves and was named after the French ambassador to Spain?
8. Sir Douglas Mawson led the Australasian Antartic Expedition from 1911-1914, resulting in a knighthood for his achievements as an explorer and scientist. However, Mawson almost died during the expedition from an unusual type of poisoning. His companion Xavier Mertz did die. Which type of poisoning affected Mawson and Mertz?
9. In which of Shakespeare's plays was the king murdered when his brother poured poison into his ear while he slept?
10. Which of the following phobias is the fear of being poisoned?
Source: Author MotherGoose
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.