Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following is NOT a sign or symptom of sleep deprivation?
2. Which sleep disorder is divided into two categories: sleep onset, where the person takes more than 30 minutes to fall asleep and sleep maintenance, where the person falls asleep but wakens throughout the night or for prolonged periods of time?
3. Which sleep disorder is characterized by an interruption in breathing during sleep?
4. In which sleep disorder do patients have difficulty falling asleep due to an inability to get into a comfortable position and an urge to move?
5. Which sleep disorder is a disease of the central nervous system that causes excessive daytime sleep?
6. Sleepwalking generally occurs in children and adolescents. Although not a serious disorder, what is the most serious threat to sleepwalkers?
7. Almost everyone has nightmares and about 5% of the population complain of regular, disruptive nightmares. Which disorder, common among survivors of violent crime and combat, has recurring nightmares as one of its 17 symptoms?
8. Treatment for sleep disorders usually includes practicing good sleep hygiene. This requires you to avoid all of the following before bedtime EXCEPT:
9. Which profession, which routinely crosses many time zones and is required to be awake at times both day and night, has a very high incidence of sleep disorders?
10. Which popular diet supplement is a chemical that is released by the brain to induce sleep?
Source: Author wjames
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.