Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these knighted cricketers was a famous England batsman between 1937 and 1955?
2. Arguably the most famous cricketer of all time, this Australian batting legend, born in Cootamundra, NSW, ended up with a phenomenal Test batting average of 99.94.
3. This Sri Lankan spinner became the leading wicket taker of all time in December 2007 when he overtook Shane Warne's total of 708. Who is he?
4. This exciting South African batsman became the first person to hit six sixes in an over in an International One Day match when he achieved this rare feat against the Netherlands in a World Cup match in 2007. Who is he?
5. This player set longevity records in New Zealand international cricket for most caps, most runs, most catches, and most Tests as captain. He retired from test cricket in March 2008. Who did this?
6. As well as setting a record for the highest Test score (which he has held twice), this West Indian batsman also became the first player to score over 500 in an individual, first class innings. Who is this famous Trinidadian?
7. The first person to appear in 6 World Cup tournaments (1975 - 1996 inclusive), this famous Pakistani batsman has also coached his country on three separate occasions. Who is he?
8. The first Bangladeshi cricketer to play 50 test matches, and the first to pass 3000 runs in test cricket - who is this former captain of Bangladesh?
9. Former Zimbabwean captain, this all rounder set the record for most Test and ODI wickets for Zimbabwe. He also played in England for Warwickshire until 2007. Who is he?
10. Which Indian Left Arm spinner set a record for more first class wickets (1560) than any other Indian in the history of the game? This Sikh was one of the famous quartet of Indian spin bowlers from the 1960's and'70s. Who is he?
Source: Author huw27
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Dalgleish
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.