Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Hall of Fame began inductions in 1936. Which year saw 18 inductees?
2. In 1941, which Major League player was the first taken in the WWII military draft?
3. The National League expanded to 10 teams in 1962 to match the 10 teams that the American League had. The two expansion teams were the New York Mets and which other team?
4. The first-ever radio broadcast of a baseball game was in 1921. Who played in this historical game?
5. Who was the first player inducted into baseball's Hall of Fame for his play in the Negro Leagues?
6. Which American League team was the last to wear collars on their uniform, and removed them for the 1915 season?
7. Which team in the 1930s was the first to fly as a team to road games?
8. Which two teams played each other in the first-ever American League game in 1901?
9. Which of these teams in the American League was the last to abandon their human-operated scoreboard, and finally went to the electronic type?
10. Some baseball fans might remember the St. Louis Browns' pinch-hitting incident in 1951 with little Eddie Gaedel. Gaedel was a dwarf and led off the game by pinch-hitting for which batter?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.