Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which decade did the baseball fans see the first perfect game thrown in World Series history?
2. A historical page in baseball was George Brett's famous "pine tar" incident in which he hit a home run, then it was taken away by an umpire due to excessive pine tar found on his bat. Which decade did this occur in?
3. Which decade saw Yankees' Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle on the roster together?
4. The Philadelphia Phillies won their first World Series in which decade?
5. Mike Marshall of the Dodgers was the first pitcher to appear in 100 games in a season. He was also the first reliever to win the Cy Young award. Which decade did this happen?
6. In 1927, Babe Ruth hit a tremendous 60 home runs in the season. The second, third, and fourth players to hit over 55 home runs in a season, did it in which decade?
7. Cy Young set the standard for pitching. In which decade did he pitch for the Cleveland Spiders?
8. This decade saw some greats make their Major League debut in the names of Hank Aaron, Harmon Killebrew, Harvey Haddix, and Gil McDougald. This same decade also saw some great players retire. Some who walked away from baseball were Larry Doby, Ralph Branca, and Allie Reynolds. Which decade was this?
9. In which decade was the 2005 Indians' franchise known as the Cleveland Blues?
10. The Hall of Fame opened its doors to Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford, and umpire Jocko Conlan in which decade?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.