Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What NY Giant third baseman hit a home run that won the Giants the pennant in 1951?
2. What is the most runs ever scored in one inning of baseball?
3. This Milwaukee Braves first baseman set a major league record with 18 total bases in a single game. Who was he?
4. Who was the only pitcher ever to throw a perfect game in the World Series?
5. Who won the 1960 World Series for the Pittsburgh Pirates with a series ending home run?
6. The year Roger Maris beat Babe Ruth's home run record, Mickey Mantle finished second in the race for Ruth's record. How many home runs did Mantle hit?
7. Who was the last pitcher to win 30 games in a single season?
8. On June 21st, 1970 this Tiger Shortstop became the first hitter in the Modern Era to go 7 for 7 in a single game. Who was he?
9. What former Major League hitter became famous after setting the record for most HBP in a single season?
10. On what date did Hank Aaron hit his 715th home run, surpassing Babe Ruth's previous record of 714.
11. In the 1975 World Series, Carlton Fisk hit a 12th inning home run off the foul pole at Fenway Park to win the sixth game of the series. Who was pitching when Fisk hit the homer?
12. Who set the record for most grand slams in a single season, when he hit six in 1989?
13. In what year did Jose Canseco become the first hitter to ever get 40 home runs and 40 stolen bases in the same season?
14. Who won the 1990 World Series MVP after the Cincinnati Reds surprisingly swept the Oakland A's?
15. Who won the 1992 World Series MVP, when the Toronto Blue Jays became the first Canadian team to win the World Series?
Source: Author Juice666
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.