Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first decade in the 20th century saw a new league try its hand to equal the long-standing National League. Which league brought eight new teams to baseball in 1901?
2. The 1910s saw the first pitcher in history win the league MVP and Triple Crown in the same season. Who was this Washington Senator?
3. In the 1920s, one of the greatest teams emerged by the name of the New York Yankees. In 1927, the team won 110 games in the 154-game season, in part with the help of Babe Ruth, who set a new season home run record by hitting how many?
4. The 1934 St. Louis Cardinals saw a pitching brother combination. One pitcher won 30 games and took the NL MVP, while his brother won another 19 games in the season. Who were these brothers?
5. The 1940s saw a modern-day record in 1946, when which pitcher struck out 348 batters in the season?
6. One of the highlights in the 1950s was baseball experiencing its first World Series perfect game thrown by a pitcher. Who had the arm on that October 8th day?
7. This team in 1966 celebrated their first World Series crown in the team's franchise history. Which team skunked the Dodgers, four games to none?
8. The 1970s saw which team win three consecutive World Series?
9. Which National Leaguer won three season MVPs in the 1980s?
10. In the 1990s, the New York Yankees made three World Series appearances. The Atlanta Braves made five appearances. Why was the 1994 World Series historical?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.