Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. After many many years, a baseball player in the name of Maury Wills finally broke the season stolen base record by stealing 104, and the first to break the century mark. Wills broke the record of 96 set in which decade?
2. Which decade saw the New York Yankees appear in a dominating eight World Series?
3. Which decade saw the American League St. Louis Browns pack up and move the team to Baltimore to become the Orioles?
4. Joe Nuxhall appeared in the Major Leagues as a 15-year old pitcher in which decade?
5. In the 1923 World Series, New York Giants' Casey Stengel won two of his team's games with game-winning home runs. The Yankees still won the series, four games to two. Casey later went on to manage the Yankees to 10 World Series appearances. Which decade was 'The Old Perfesser' laid to rest?
6. Had the Manager of the Year award not begun until 1983, Walter Alston would have won many of the awards. Which decade saw his first managerial job with the Dodgers?
7. Longevity ace Minnie Minoso played for 17 seasons in the Major Leagues. Which of the following decades did he not appear in?
8. Although the Providence Grays' Charlie Radbourn won 59 games in 1884, James 'Pud' Galvin of the Buffalo Bisons led the league by throwing 12 shutouts. Galvin also won 46 games of his own. With a career record of 364-310, Galvin was inducted into the Hall of Fame in which decade?
9. Which decade saw the first Cy Young award be presented?
10. Hall of Fame inductee Jimmie Foxx won three season MVPs in which decade?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.