Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which baseball season provided the "Earthquake Series" that halted a World Series?
2. Which season was the first to have a World Series game declared a tie?
3. Chuck Tanner managed for 19 seasons in Major League Baseball and could only find one World Series Championship with the Pirates. In which season did this happen?
4. Which year watched some Hall of Fame greats pass away in the names of Mordecai Brown, Herb Pennock, Babe Ruth, Joe Tinker, and Hack Wilson?
5. Which year saw the Dodgers' Don Drysdale and Pee Wee Reese inducted into the Hall of Fame?
6. In which year did American League fans see an umpire wear glasses during a game for the first time?
7. The American League combined with the National League in 1901 to create Major League Baseball and the first World Series was held in 1903. Which was the first season in history that did not have a World Series?
8. Which season in all of baseball saw six players steal 100+ bases in the same year?
9. In which year did Major League Baseball add four teams in an attempt to expand the leagues?
10. Which season treated fans to witness the first American League team to score 30 runs in a nine inning game?
Source: Author dg_dave
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.