Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who managed until he was 87 years old?
2. Which of the following was never a New York Yankee?
3. The Boston Red Sox won the World Series in 2004 by defeating the St. Louis Cardinals, four games to none. How many years had it been since the Red Sox won their last World Series?
4. The 2008 Baltimore Oriole franchise began in 1901 with the new American League. The franchise was called the Milwaukee Brewers. In 1902, the team moved, and for the next 52 seasons could not win a World Series title. After moving to Baltimore in 1954, the team would find six World Series in the next 30 seasons. Where was the franchise before moving to Baltimore?
5. Baseball lost a pitching great in 2008. He was the first player to win the World Series MVP award that began in 1955. Who was this Dodger pitcher that wore the number 22?
6. In 2003, the goat supposedly got to the Chicago Cubs again in their quest for a World Series. In the NLCS against the Marlins, an un-named fan was involved in controversy on whether he interfered with a fly ball down the left field line. This was the blame given to the Cubs losing the series. Seen time and time again in replays, who was the left fielder who didn't come up with the ball?
7. Which of the following were not brothers that played in Major League baseball?
8. Trying to mimic the New York Yankees of old, which team went to five World Series in the 1990s?
9. Babe Ruth is quite well known for his times with the New York Yankees, and the controversy that surrounded him being sold by the Boston Red Sox. Which was the third and only other team that Ruth played with in his Major League career?
10. Nolan Ryan was the strikeout king of baseball, retiring as the only pitcher to strike out 5000 batters. He retired with 5714 in 1993. What was Nolan's nickname?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.