Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which pitcher gave up the most home runs to the great Hank Aaron than any other pitcher in history?
2. How many games was Willie Mays' longest consecutive game hitting streak in his career?
3. Pete Rose retired with the most hits in baseball with 4256. Which pitcher gave up the most hits to Pete in his career?
4. What did the great Sandy Koufax do, that Nolan Ryan, Walter Johnson, and Cy Young could not accomplish throughout their career?
5. Babe Ruth won his only American League MVP award in 1923. Who was his runner-up to the MVP in that season?
6. Unfortunately, many players have lasted only one game in the Major Leagues. Walter Alston, the great Dodger manager played only one game in his career in 1936. Eddie Gaedel, the well-documented 3'7" midget was another player who played in only one game. In which year did Eddie appear as a pinch-hitter?
7. Steve Carlton gave up 414 home runs in his career. How many of those in his 24 seasons were game-ending home runs?
8. How many of the nine positions did Jackie Robinson play throughout his Major League career?
9. The St. Louis Cardinals' Bob Gibson retired with 3117 career strikeouts. Which player did Bob have his number, and struck out the most times of any other player?
10. Nolan Ryan amazingly never won a Cy Young or MVP award in his entire fantastic career. He was the runner-up for the Cy Young one time to which award winning pitcher?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.