Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Filippo Inzaghi left Juventus to sign for which club in the summer of 2001?
2. Who was the first ever 1 million pound player?
3. What is the name of the Frenchman who signed for Real Madrid from Juventus, for a world record fee, in the summer of 2001?
4. Which of these players moved from Parma to Lazio in June 2000, for what was then a world record transfer fee?
5. Jimmy Greaves joined Tottenham from AC Milan in 1961. The fee was 99,999 pounds. What was the reason for the unusual transfer fee?
6. Who was the Italian international midfielder who broke the world record for a transfer when he signed for Milan, from Torino, for 13 million pounds?
7. Which player holds the record for the highest fee ever paid by a Scottish club?
8. Who was the first club to sell a British player for 2 million pounds or more?
9. Alan Shearer signed for Blackburn Rovers in 1992. In 1997, he signed for Newcastle United for 15 million pounds. How much did Blackburn originally pay for him?
10. Name the Frenchman who signed for Milan, from Marseille, in 1992 for 10 million pounds.
Source: Author PhIl-BeRt
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.