Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Born in 1957, this Brazilian striker played in the 1982 World Cup finals and was nicknamed 'the Cannon'. Who is he?
2. I was born on 25th January, 1942, in Mozambique. My nickname was 'the Black Panther'. I made 64 appearances for Portugal. Who am I?
3. He was born on 1st October, 1936, in Dudley, England. His one and only team was Manchester United, and he became the youngest player ever to appear for England in 1955. Had he lived beyond the age of 22, he would, according to most, have become one of the greatest players in the game. Who is he?
4. Born in Niteroi, Brazil, in 1971, this player was nicknamed 'the Animal', and is probably most famous for his strike partnership with Gabriel Batistuta while the pair played for Fiorentina in Italy. Who is he?
5. I was a Cameroon-born player, beginning life in 1981. I won the African Footballer of the Year award between 2003-2005. I began my career with Real Madrid. Who am I?
6. Born in Bankstown, Australia, in 1979, this midfielder played in his native country, the Netherlands, and England. Who is he?
7. I was born in 1970, in Gijon, Spain. Although my natural position was midfield, I was also knwn to play in defence or even attack. I have played for both Barcelona and Real Madrid, and retired from the game in 2004. Who am I?
8. Born in 1981, in Bradford, England, this player began his career with non-League Walton & Hersham before a move into the Football League with Bristol Rovers. He also played for Wigan Athletic and West Bromwich Albion. Who is he?
9. I was born in Zambia in 1981, but pulled on the international shirt of Wales. My career began in 1997 with Cardiff City. Who am I?
10. This player was born in 1957, in Copenhagen, Denmark. As a striker, his notoriety was winning one Italian Serie A title with Verona. Who is he?
Source: Author silverginger
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.