Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which player had a statue of himself unveiled in Lisbon in 1992?
2. Which player was awarded the Order of Lenin by the Soviet government in 1968?
3. Which of the following played in a 6-3 demolition of England at Wembley in 1953?
4. George Best played most famously for Manchester United, but which other two English clubs did he play for?
5. Which player led Napoli to their first ever League title and cup double in 1987?
6. Which Argentinian born player was kidnapped by Venezuelan guerrillas while on tour with Real Madrid in Venezuela?
7. Which former Dutch international played in the US for the Los Angeles Aztecs and the Washington Diplomats before returning to Europe to play for Spanish club Levante in 1981?
8. Whcih player was capped 106 times for England? His last game came as England were defeated 3-2 by West Germany.
9. "He's converted football into an art form" - Willi Schulz said this about which of his 1966 World Cup team mates?
10. No football legends quiz would be complete without a question about Pele. We all know of Pele's incredible achievements at international level but his club level exploits are not as widely known. Which of these NASL clubs did Pele lift the League championship with in 1977
Source: Author DoctorEdgeWild
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor silverginger
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.