Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When you're all business in the front, and party in the back, you better back it up with amazing skills. This Italian striker/midfielder whose free kicks were always laser-guided missiles had untamed hair but amazing abilities. No relation to Dino, which player is described here?
2. Goalkeeper David Seaman had longevity. He played for thirteen seasons with Arsenal (1990-2003) and several other teams in England and, as well, he made 75 appearances for the English national team. Towards the end of his career he can be remembered for his long ponytail and which other keratinous feature?
3. Taribo West was known for his untamed hairstyles as much as he was known for his amazing defending. His career in European football was primarily in France and Italy. He also anchored the Nigerian defence to a gold medal at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. At that tournament, what colour was his hair dyed, honouring his nation's flag?
4. As a manager, his hair was pretty tame. As a player, this versatile attacking player who was a Dutch international had a full hair of dreadlocks that just grew from season to season. Starting in Haarlem, then Feyenoord, PSV, Milan, Sampdoria and finishing in Chelsea, don't be rude and tell me who this untamed head of hair was?
5. Marouane Fellaini had a very successful career playing midfield for both Everton and Manchester United. Even more successful was his untamed afro hairstyle that prompted fans to wear wigs in his honour. Internationally, Fellaini opted to play for Belgium. What other team, the nearby birthplace of his parents, could he have played for?
6. Edinson Cavani is a striker who was born in Salto but started his professional playing career in Montevideo. He spent some time in Italy (2007-20013), a lot of time in France (2013-2020), and then signed for Manchester United. However, what South American country do Edinson Cavani and his untamed hair represent?
7. As a manager, Jürgen Klinsmann is always well-dressed and well-groomed. As a player, his hair was long and often untamed, maybe like a spur-wearing cowboy. He started his career in Stuttgart in 1981 -- where did he end his professional career, on loan, in 1998?
8. I love mazes. Apparently, Mamadou Sakho likes them too, enough to put maze-like patterns in his hair with a central mohawk, and he's not defensive about it; in fact he is rather proud of his hairdo. This French international has played for PSG, Liverpool as well as Crystal Palace -- what position does Mamadou Sakho play?
9. Djibril Cisse was a French footballer who sported a myriad of wild and wacky hairstyles that extended to his beard as well. Playing as a striker, with which French team did Cisse start his professional career in 1998?
10. Perhaps the wildest and most untamed hair in football had to have belonged to Carlos Valderrama. He played from 1981 to 2002 mostly for Unión Magdalena, Deportivo Cali, Montpellier, and Tampa Bay Mutiny, as a midfielder. He also played for his national team 111 times. What was Carlos Valderrama's national team?
Source: Author LeoDaVinci
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.